A comprehensive dental exam will be performed
by Dr. Uddin at your initial dental visit. At
regular check-up exams, Dr. Uddin and our hygienist
will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs):
Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts,
and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth
and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face,
neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums
for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums
and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth
surfaces will be checked for decay with special
- Examination of existing restorations:
Check current fillings, crowns, etc.